On December 22, 1993 I was born. My parents had planned for me to come a month later, which explains why the ring I got when I was born bears the birth stone Garnet. I had stopped growing while in my mother's stomach, so there was no other choice than to perform a c-section. Everything went fine, but as a precaution I was kept at the hospital and extra three days. Looking back at the video of my first time home, I think it worked out more than I imagine a good homecoming to be. It was snowing on Christmas Eve, my first Christmas and my first snow. But not everything went as smoothly, my name had yet to be chosen. For lack of anything better, neither of my parents could agree, I became just another Jessica. I have grown to like my name, although I think my mom's choice, Wynter, would have better suited me.
I grew normally, occasionally I would receive a scrapped knee or two from playing outside, but who didn't? When I turned four, however, I took my first trip to the emergency room. My dog had bitten me, but I deserved it, I knew it. I recovered quickly after receiving a couple stitches and after a year or so my dog and I became almost inseparable. I went through preschool as an outgoing child, made easier by my best friend who ended up in my class. But when pre-k came along we were separated, he had punched me in the stomach, and the teacher said it would be best to attend separate schools the next year. Looking back I was amazed that I had cried instead of retaliating.
I received straight A's up until third grade, not a hard task; then began to receive some B's. It was in third grade that I was placed in TAG, and therefore the reason I am writing this today.
Throughout my elementary and middle school life I became more secluded, keeping more to myself. Making friend became harder for me, not because I didn't want them but because I had become so acustom to the friends I had. I didn't feel I needed anymore, but with more schools coming together and others splitting off I knew less and less people.
Sixth grade was a nightmare for that reason, I counted and with all of my classes combined I knew only five people. I had already formed a shell around myself, and I wasn't going to change now. I met a few people, very few, who I slowly began to talk more to. Of course they had spoken to me first. Seventh grade went so much better, and the few people I had met in sixth introduced me to their friends, and those friend became my best friends. Eighth grade went by smoothly, but I didn't meet many new people. I was back in my shell, but the bonds I had made the previous year grew stronger.
And now, I am a freshman in Chattahoochee. I'm still in my shell, and I am trying to break out. I love to read, which lead to writing, which is only one of the many reasons I am taking this seminar. I also love to role play, love music, and working on getting straight A's this semester.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment